You may either login using the guest account (see "Obtaining the guest
account password") or request a personal one (see below):
If you want an account on the whole Cray-Cyber network, send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (German or English) containing the following information:
- Your Full Name
- Your E-Mail Address
- Your desired login-name (may not exceed 7 characters)
- How you heard about Cray-Cyber.org
- A short description of what you are planning to do with the machines
- Whether you only need access to the UNIX-world or also to the NOS (Cyber) world. (you can always request a change later)
- A sentence that you have read and agree to the terms of usage
If you use the account for porting a software project or for adding support
for any of the OSs we are running to a software project, please let us
know, so that we can update our software
When your account is created in the Cray-Cyber network, you will automatically
be subscribed to the email@example.com mailing list.
This is a low volume read-only mailing list which is used for the Cray-Cyber
team in order to keep you informed about important things (if a new machine
comes online, etc.).
It makes very much sense to subscribe to our voluntary mailing list,
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see this
page for more information.
If you have an account on both the UNIX-world and the NOS world, you have to
change your password 2 times - in the menu directly when logging in to
login.cray-cyber.org, and then again on the Cyber - only the UNIX world uses
a shared password database, but the NOS world doesn't use the UNIX passwords.